Successful candidate will work as a Housing Program Specialist in the New England Resident Owned Communities (NEROC) program of the Cooperative Development Institute. This program is designed to provide affordable, secure housing to residents of manufactured housing parks by helping them finance, purchase and run the communities they live in through the creation of democratically-run cooperatives. The primary focus of this position is on post-purchase guidance, training and assistance to each community in the management and governance of their cooperative. Special attention is paid to helping members understand their roles and responsibilities in order to more effectively function as resident-owners and to foster a sense of empowerment and community spirit.
Essential Job Functions: Housing Program Specialist
- Provides technical assistance to resident-owned manufactured housing communities.
- Collaborates with other technical assistance providers to train board directors and community members
Required Skills and Abilities:
These skills and abilities, if not already acquired, will need to be developed within the first 3-6 months of beginning employment.
- Ability to provide assistance, resources and advice, while developing community leadership; meeting people where they are while nurturing self-sufficiency.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; compassion and assertiveness.
- Knowledge and comfort with democratically-run organizational structures, management, policies and best practices–knowledge of cooperative governance structures and working with boards of directors a bonus.
For more information about the position, click here.