UMassSafe, a traffic safety research program in the UMass Transportation Center in Civil Engineering, is hiring six students for a four week, 40 hr/wk position in June (May 30-June 30). Pay for this position is $13.00/hr with generous travel reimbursement.
The Research Assistants will be traveling statewide to collect observation data on seat belt & cell phone usage for the Annual Statewide Seat Belt Observation Study sponsored by the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Full-time undergraduate student (no May graduating seniors)
- Comfortable standing outside up to 8 hours/day in varying weather
- Ability to travel from Amherst each day
- Friendly and outgoing – always working/traveling in a team environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to work long days; hours will vary including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends
- Strongly preferred - Have a reliable vehicle, valid license, and be willing to drive up to 500+ miles per week ($.53/mile reimbursement)
To Apply: Please send an email with resume to Benjamin Yeager.