October 26, 2020
Researchers from the UMass Breast Health Study are looking for young women to participate in a study on the determinants of breast tissue density in young women.
Prospective participants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently on oral contraceptives and no prior or current testosterone therapy
- 18 to 24 years of age and weigh less than 300 pounds
- No prior or current pregnancy
- Able to lay flat on stomach for approximately 30 minutes in an enclosed space
- No prior breast cancer, mastectomy, irradiation to the breast or breast reduction surgery
- No implanted metals that could be hazardous in an MRI (e.g., diabetic pumps, hearing aid cochlear implant, heart pacemaker)
Participants will undergo breast MRI at the Human Magnetic Resonance Center and donate three 24-hour urine samples to be analyzed for environmental contaminants. They will also complete questionnaires on health and lifestyle factors.
The study includes six sessions: two zoom, three curbside, and one in-person visit.
The study will take approximately 9 hours to complete over a 4-week period. Compensation will be provided.
Please email email@example.com to learn more and get in touch with the UMass Breast Health Team.