May 8, 2020
The School of Public Health and Health Sciences and its departments and programs hosted a series of virtual celebration events in recognition of its graduating class of 2020. Dean Anna Maria Siega-Riz led faculty and staff from across the school in a video message congratulating the class of 2020. The SPHHS also celebrated its students in a special tribute video using photos submitted by students. An online program listing of the entire SPHHS graduating class of 2020 was also made available on the school's website.
The Departments of Health Promotion and Policy, Kinesiology, and Nutrition all hosted live virtual celebration events, while Communication Disorders and the undergraduate Public Health Sciences program each produced video messages congratulating their graduating classes. Biostatistics and Epidemiology and Environmental Health Sciences provided individual recognitions to the students in their graduating classes.
The SPHHS joined the university and academic units across campus in honoring its graduates in historic virtual salutes to the Class of 2020. This year, the SPHHS welcomed nearly 600 graduating seniors and 150 graduate alumni into its ranks. The university honored a graduating class of approximately 6,600 students.
- VIDEO: SPHHS Faculty and Staff Congratulations Message
- VIDEO: Photo Tribute to the Class of 2020
- CLASS OF 2020 WEBPAGE: SPHHS Online Program
- Health Promotion and Policy: Watch the HPP Virtual Commencement Celebration here.
- Kinesiology: View a special slideshow celebration.
- Nutrition: Watch a special message from undergraduate program director Claire Norton.
- Public Health Sciences: Watch a special Public Health Sciences Senior Celebration video featuring undergraduate program director Gloria DiFulvio, academic advisor Brigid Williams, and more.