Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 6:00pm to Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 5:00pm
Location: UMass Campus Center
The SPHHS is offering a Career Networking and Development Conference on March 21-22, 2018. Take a step toward your future and join us for this two day event! Meet alumni, make lasting professional connections and define your own path into a successful career.
Day 1- March 21, 6:00-8:00pm: Alumni Networking Night, Amherst Room, 10th floor UMass Amherst Campus Center
Join SPHHS alumni from all majors working in a variety of professions for an evening of networking. The event format will consist of 20 minute rounds of speed networking done in a group. No need to worry or stress.
Day 2- March 22, 9:00am-1:00pm: Career Fair, UMass Amherst Campus Center Auditorium
The SPHHS will provide a "traditional" career fair. Meet employers and vendors to learn about current and future opportunities with their organization. No need to RSVP, just show up and sign in.
Day 2- 1:30-5:00pm : Career Panel Discussions, UMass Amherst Campus Center
The SPHHS will host six Career Panel discussions throughout the afternoon. The panels are divided by different themes which are pre-clinical, holistic, entrepreneurship/health administration, state government, non-profit/community health, and research/academics. Learn about the benefits of working in a particular industry and meet successful individuals working within the field. Choose your topics of interest. The six panel discussion times are:
- 1:30-2:30pm: Pre-clinical careers panel **CANCELLED**
- 1:30-2:30pm: Holistic health and wellness careers panel - Campus Center Room 163
- 2:45-3:45pm: Entrepreneurship and health administration careers panel - Campus Center Room 163
- 2:45-3:45pm: State and federal government careers panel - Campus Center Room 162
- 4:00-5:00pm: Nonprofit and community health careers panel - Campus Center Room 163
- 4:00-5:00pm: Research and academic careers panel - Campus Center Room 162
Assistance with resumes and cover letters is available weekly by visiting the highly trained Career Ambassadors located in Arnold 116.
Additionally there will be several programs set up ahead of the event to help you prepare for networking and attending the career fair. Look for dates and times on the website.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!