I have a Bachelor’s degree in a field other than nutrition or the basic sciences. I now want to get a degree in nutrition. Should I apply to the second Bachelor’s, MPH or MS program?

The answer to this question depends on your future goals:

  • A Master’s degree will take longer than a second Bachelor’s degree, but it may also provide you with more employment opportunities. 
  • If you have 3-5 years of experience in the field of public health, then an MPH program with a focus in nutrition may be considered (either on campus or online)
  • If your goal is to become a Registered Dietitian (RD), you would need to take the 6 DPD classes in addition to either the Bachelor’s or Master’s program course requirements. Completion of these courses makes you eligible to apply for a 9-11 month dietetic internship. Upon completion of the internship, you would be eligible to sit for the Registration Exam.

Regardless of the choices listed above, you will have to take all the pre-requisites associated with each of the program (see related FAQs).