Dr. Daniel Gerber, the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (Academic Dean), has been supporting SPHHS students since 2009. The SPHHS Center for Student Success is a centralized resource for students' academic dean level advising needs. Student Success Advisors counsel PHHS-Exploratory Track students on transitioning to college and choosing majors. They support students majoring in Communication Disorders, Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Public Health Sciences who may be experiencing academic difficulties. The Center for Student Success also provides support for the program directors, advisors, and instructors in each of the School's disciplines. The Center encourages consistency and efficient sharing of resources among the programs and acts as the primary liaison with other offices on campus.
The Center for Student Success empowers, motivates, and supports students to achieve their highest potential through thoughtful academic and career planning.
Connect with the SPHHS Center Student Success advising team regarding the following issues:
- Referrals to campus resources
- Academic standing concerns
- Career planning
- Major exploration
- Petition for late withdrawal after the mid-semester date from a course(s) due to extenuating circumstances
- Petition for late add of a course after the end of Add/Drop
- Petition for late elective pass/fail
- Petition for a third attempt at a course (third repeat)
- Implications of requesting an incomplete
- Credit overload for summer or winter term
- Verification of satisfactory academic progress for Financial Aid (SAPA)
- Withdrawing from the University for a semester or permanently