The SPHHS Academic Dean's Office and the Center for Student Success offers centralized resources for students in the School. We are dedicated to helping SPHHS students achieve their highest potential through thoughtful academic advising and career planning.
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Academic Affairs
Dr. Laura Vandenberg, the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, is responsible for overseeing all SPHHS undergraduate academic programs and curriculum. The Associate Dean is also responsible for administering all UMass academic policies. Dr. Vandenberg welcomes students' questions and suggestions and can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
Assistant Dean of Student Success
Megan Griffin, the Assistant Dean of Student Success, oversees the Center for Student Success and Office of Career Planning which focuses on programs related to academic success, health and wellness, student engagement, and career exploration. The Assistant Dean is available to meet with undergraduate and graduate students by appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Student Success
The SPHHS Center for Student Success creates and complements other campus-wide programs that increase student retention; support timely progress toward degree completion; and enhance wellness, student engagement, and career exploration. Please visit our offices below for more information on how we can be of support to you!
Student Success Advisors support undergraduate students majoring in Communication Disorders, Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Public Health Sciences who may be experiencing personal or academic difficulties. They advise SPHHS-Exploratory Track students on transitioning to college and choosing majors.
Connect with the SPHHS Center for Student Success advising team regarding the following issues:
- Referrals to campus resources
- Academic standing concerns
- Major exploration
- Petition for late withdrawal after the mid-semester date from a course(s) due to extenuating circumstances
- Petition for late add of a course after the end of Add/Drop
- Petition for late elective pass/fail
- Petition for a third attempt at a course (third repeat)
- Implications of requesting an incomplete
- Credit overload for summer or winter term
- Verification of satisfactory academic progress for Financial Aid (SAPA)
- Withdrawing from the University for a semester or permanently
Office of Career Planning
Career Planning Advisors work with SPHHS undergraduate and graduate students on a wide range of career planning activities, such as identifying career interests; resume writing and interviewing skills; finding internship and job opportunities; and applying to graduate school.