The Center for Global Health at Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking temporary summer data collectors to assist with a study on COVID-19 aimed at better understanding risk factors for infections. The position is based in Holyoke, MA and will primarily require data collection in the field outside Boston, data entry, and data quality checks to ensure completeness and accuracy. Please note this position is temporary and not eligible for benefits.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Assisting with the recruitment of study participants in accordance with the guidelines of the study protocol.
- Assisting with the informed consent process by providing study materials and answering related questions.
- Conducting household visits to administer surveys on handheld electronic devices, drop-off and/or pick-up study test kits.
- Securing all study materials to maintain confidentiality and privacy of subject data.
- Transferring all data from paper surveys into an electronic study database.
- Participating in trainings on standard research procedures, study protocols and data collection tools and technologies.
- Working closely with the research coordinator to update survey logs and ensure completion of study activities by participants.
- Participating in weekly team meetings to discuss and address recruitment progress and challenges.
- Performing administrative support duties as required
- High school diploma or higher required.
- Proficiency with standard office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and standard internet applications.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in similar projects is a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency is preferred.