Ashburnham-Westminster Regional School District seeks a talented Speech and Language Pathologist experienced in working with students of all ages. This position is full-time, working with middle school students at the Overlook Middle School. This position includes direct service delivered individually, in small groups or co-teaching models, assessment, and consultation.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Providing speech and language evaluation, coordination and provision of speech and language services to students who qualify for special education services
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Appropriate Certification/ Licensure for the assigned level
PRIMARY AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES '
• Provide direct speech and language service to students who qualify for such service
• Evaluate, write reports and make recommendations regarding speech and language services to students
• Consult with regular and special education teachers, as well as parents or guardians regarding speech and language needs and/or services
• Collaborate with other service providers regarding the development of goal and the writing and implementation of IEP's
• Establish and maintain a system of documentation that is professional, efficient and accountable and conforms to state and individual agency policy IEP's, initial and three year evaluations and progress reports provided on the same frequency basis as report cards, which varies by grade level
• Supervise speech and language assistants in providing direct service to students
• Collaborate with regular and special education teachers regarding modification of student assignments to accommodate any speech and language objectives
• Presentation and interpretation of any speech and language evaluations to parents, teachers or others
• Supervision and provision of speech and language services within specialized programs at any particular level
• Participation in screening and evaluation, if appropriate
• Carry out other related special education duties as may be assigned by their supervisor(s)
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3171924