In order to promote physical distancing, the Center for Language, Speech and Hearing is currently open for limited services only. For hearing aid repairs and checks, please call 413-545-2565 for an appointment and we will schedule you as soon as possible. These services will occur by appointment only and you will be given specific instructions over the phone when making the appointment.
Speech-language pathology services are currently being provided via telepractice when clinically appropriate for the client’s needs. If you are interested in telepractice speech-language pathology services please call 413-545-2565 and leave your name and phone number and we will call you back to gather more information and discuss your needs.
For any other audiology or speech-language pathology questions, we will be regularly monitoring voicemail messages. When updates are available, they will be shared on our website and through our patient portal. Thank you for your patience and stay safe and healthy!
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE SERVICES
- Speech/Sound Disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Expressive and Receptive Language Disorders
- Aphasia and Related Disorders
- Pragmatic and Social Communication Disorders
- Cognitive-Linguistic Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Executive Function Disorder
- Accent and Communication Training
- Hearing Rehabilitation (click here for information)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Dysphagia-Feeding Difficulties
- Language/Learning Disabilities
- Parkinson’s Disease Wellness Group
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluations
- Tinnitus Evaluations
- Hearing Aid Evaluations
- Hearing Aid Fittings and Service
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Hearing Rehabilitation Groups
- Hearing Loss Education and Prevention
- Custom Hearing Protection
Services may be requested directly by the client, parent, guardian, schools, agencies, and/or professionals attempting to meet the needs of the child, adolescent, or adult with a communication impairment.
To request services, contact:
Marcie Whitman, Clinic Office Manager and Billing Clerk
In accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, The Center for Language, Speech and Hearing is dedicated to maintaining the security and privacy of all protected health information. Due to the risks of email communications being intercepted in transmission or misdirected, please refrain from sending us sensitive information via unencrypted email. Instead, please consider communicating any sensitive information to us by telephone, fax, or mail. Note that registered patients can utilize our secure Patient Portal (umalsh.medicatconnect.com) to securely send sensitive information to the Center for Language, Speech and Hearing.