Instructions for No-Contact Hearing Aid Evaluation and Repair
- Please schedule an appointment to drop off hearing aid(s) for evaluation/repair by calling the audiology clinic at 413-545-2565.
- On the day and time of appointment, arrive at the audiology clinic parking lot where the audiologist will be waiting inside the building near the parking lot door.
Place hearing aid(s) in a Ziploc bag along with paper that includes:
- patient’s name
- phone number where the person dropping off the hearing aid can be reached
- description of the problem
- Seal the bag and place it into the container that is on the bench outside the glass door.
- Once you are back in your car, the audiologist will retrieve the hearing aid(s) and bring it into the clinic to be disinfected and evaluated.
- The audiologist will evaluate your hearing aid(s) and call you to let you know if the hearing aid(s) are ready to be returned to you or to discuss options for repair by the manufacturer if needed.
- If the hearing aid(s) will be returned to you at the appointment, the audiologist will place the bag containing the repaired hearing aid(s) into the box on the bench and return to the building and call you to let you know that it is ready to be picked up.
- Once the audiologist returns to the building, they will watch from inside the glass door as you pick up your hearing aid(s).
Note: If at all possible, please wait in the parking lot for our evaluation of your hearing aid. If we can repair it in-house, we will return it to you as described above. If we need to send it out, we will make every effort to have the manufacturer send it directly to your home address.