New! Check out the SPHHS Deadlines Calendar to help manage all the different opportunities for your major and career!
Field Experience Risk Acknowledgement Form for All In-person and Remote Opportunities
If you will be participating in an internship for academic credit, you must fill out the Field Experience Risk Acknowledgement Form. This acknowledges the inherent risk associated with Covid 19, as well as keeps the University apprised of your plans.
Once you have filled out and signed the form, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have registered for credits in handshake, then you will find the form in Handshake under Resources, just sign and upload back into Handshake.
The Office of Career Planning provides both undergraduate and graduate students with a variety of career resources. Take a look at just some of the options you could have with your degree:
- Now What? Career options with a degree in Communication Disorders
- Now What? Career options with a degree in Kinesiology
- Now What? Career options with a degree in Nutrition
- Now What? Career options with a degree in Public Health
Career Planning is an important part of your academic preparation. Our major-specific four-year career checklists provide tips and steps for assessing and achieving your career goals. Use a checklist as a guide to help you prepare for your future career:
- Communication Disorders Career Planning Checklist
- Kinesiology Career Planning Checklist
- Nutrition Major Career Planning Checklist
- Public Health Sciences Career Planning Checklist
Handshake is the university-wide service for students and alumni to access job and internship postings from tens of thousands of employers, connect with career services, and learn about recruiting events and job fairs.
Meet with a Career Ambassador Peer Advisor to have your resume, cover letter or personal statement reviewed. Career Ambassadors are available in-person in Arnold 136 during Walk-in Hours or can provide an electronic review via email.
Fall 2021 Career Ambassador Peer Advisor Walk-In Hours
Mondays: 9am-2pm, 3pm-5pm
Schedule an appointment with a professional advisor on any of the following topics:
- The correlation between one’s college major and career field
- Finding internships, jobs, networking at career fairs
- LinkedIn and other social media marketing
- Interviewing skills - in person, phone, or video
- Graduate school applications
- Gap year, travel, study/work/intern overseas, the road less traveled
- Finding your unique career path and next steps