*ONLY FOR GRADUATE STUDENT PRACTICUMS*
The mission of the Academic Public Health Volunteer Corps (APHVC) is to leverage public health students, alumni, and expert volunteers to augment, amplify, and promote local public health efforts in Massachusetts. We achieve this mission through creating partnerships between 13 academic institutions across Massachusetts and local public health entities. Through this work, we hope to enable communities to overcome the COVID pandemic and permanently strengthen the public health system within Massachusetts.
The APHVC Volunteer Engagement Coordinator assists the Internal Operations Manager with the recruitment and engagement of volunteers. In particular, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator would work actively with the Internal Operations Coordinator to address volunteer emails, update the volunteer pool database, analyze volunteer/team lead demographic information, and work to actively engage all volunteers in the APHVC volunteer pool to support volunteer professional development and active Corps involvement.
- Experience managing teams and projects
- Experience with Canva, Constant Contact, and/or Mailchimp preferred, but not required
- Responsive, detail-oriented, and comfortable with a rapid pace
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A fast and flexible learner
- A commitment to advancing health equity and social justice
- Knowledgeable in public health
- Highly independent and proactive worker
- A team player, excited to support local public health in Massachusetts!
Please submit a resume and cover letter to APHVCFieldOps@mass.gov no later than November 6th, 2020. In your cover letter, please answer the questions below:
- What is your available start date?
- What are the days/hours that you are available to work?
- Can you please describe how this practicum experience will contribute to your professional development and learning? [Paragraph answer]
- Can you please describe your skills and experiences related to community engagement and partnership development? [Paragraph answer]