- BA Economics, Boston College
- MSW, University of Connecticut
- MPA, University of Connecticut
- PhD, University of Massachusetts
Areas of Specialization:
Disability, Mental Health, Health Care Access and Utilization
My overall research interests include understanding the relationship between economic conditions and the development of behavioral health and medical conditions. I am also interested in the relationship between economic conditions, health insurance coverage composition, and employment of behavioral health and medical providers. I have a specific interest in understanding these relationships for persons with mental health and/or disabling conditions as reflected by recently published works, including my dissertation which was titled “Labor Force Participation, Disability, and Implications for Healthcare Utilization and Employment”.
1. Pellegrini, L.C., & Geissler, K. (2019). Disability, federal disability benefits, and health care access after the Affordable Care Act. (FORTHCOMING).
2. Pellegrini, L.C., & Geissler, K. (2019). Supplemental Security Income enrollment and health care and social assistance employment and wages. International Journal of Health Planning and Management, (ACCEPTED).
3. Pellegrini, L.C., & Geissler, K. (2018). Social Security Disability Insurance enrollment and healthcare employment. Health Services Research, 53(4), 2591-2614.
4. Pellegrini, L.C., Rodriguez-Monguio, R., & Qian, J. (2014). The US healthcare workforce and the labor market effect on healthcare spending and health outcomes. International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, 14(2), 127-141.
5. Pellegrini, L.C., & Rodriguez-Monguio, R. (2014). Medicaid provisions and the US mental health industry composition. Journal of Mental Health, 23(6), 312-316.