Health Promotion and Policy
- BSN- University of Central Arkansas
- MSN (family nurse practitioner) - University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- MPH (international health) - University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- DrPH (community health and health management) - University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Areas of Specialization:
- Population Health
- Global health
- Workforce development
- Strategic planning
- Health policy
- 2013 coprincipal investigator. Attitudes of Chief Nursing Officers on the Implementation of the Affordable Care Act. ($10,000).
- 2012 committee member. Professional Nurse Traineeship, USPHS, Division of Nursing, funded for ($21,799).
- 2010 advisory board member. University of Houston-Texas Medical Center Health IT Training Program is to rapidly increase the number of highly qualified health information technology professionals in Texas funded by HHS grant in Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Program of Assistance for University-Based Training. ($980,000).
- 2008 Curriculum Consultant. Texas Woman’s University’s College of Nursing awarded a federal grant for its doctor of nurse practitioner (DNP) degree program. The funds, to be awarded over a three-year period by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Advanced Education Nursing Program, will be used to improve access to master’s-level and advanced practicing nurses in rural and underserved areas of Texas. Funded- ($614,959).
- 2006 coprincipal investigator. Assisted with contacting Helene Fuld Trust fund, received a response stating they would add Texas Woman’s University for consideration under next cycle for competing in funding for nursing student scholarship. Funded- ($550,000).
- 1997 coprincipal investigator. Multicultural attitudes and knowledge comparison among health professions major. Applied for funding through internal research grant from the University of Central Arkansas. Not Funded-($10,000)
- 2016 MEDSURG. Nursing Satisfaction with Information Technology Enhanced Bedside Hand-offs. Approved for Publication. 2015 Nursing Outlook. “Complex Adaptive Systems Theory: The art and science in Nursing,” Submitted.
- 2012 Clinical Simulation in Nursing, “Game-based Teaching and Simulation in Nursing and Healthcare by Eric Bauman.” 8: 483. 2011 Current Drug Delivery, “Dark Chocolate and Blood Pressure: A Novel study in Jordan. 8(66):595-599.
- 2010 Journal of Cultural Diversity, “The cultural gap delivering health care services to Arab American populations in the United States.” 17(1): 20-23.