»OPEN SENATE SEATS AVAILABLE
»For info see News & Updates tab
»Become a Conduct Advisor
»Launch a Student Business
Executive Cabinet Applications
The Sullivan/Amazon administration is now looking to fill Cabinet positions for the 2018/2019 school year.
Members of the Executive Cabinet are appointed by the President/Vice President after undergoing an interview process. Cabinet members serve as ex-officio members of the SGA. They are responsible for the execution of all tasks prescribed for their administrative area by the Constitution of the SGA, the By-laws of the SGA, Acts of the SGA, or the President.
Cabinet positions include:
- Attorney General
- Chief of Staff
- Secretary of Diversity
- Secretary of Finance
- Secretary of Public Relations and Recruitment
- Secretary of the Registry
- Secretary of Sustainability
- Secretary of Technology
- Secretary of University Policy and External Affairs
- Secretary of Veterans' Affairs
Here are some different ways you can get involved with our SGA:
- Elections for President/Vice President occur in the Spring semester of the prior school year. Check out the SGA elections page for more info! (link)
- Cabinet members are appointed by the President & Vice President in the Spring semester of the previous school year through an application and interview process. If vacancies occur, any undergraduate can apply.
- Each Cabinet member may compile a team of undersecretaries to assist throughout the year. Undersecretaries may be given specific projects and tasks. Most Undersecretary appointments occur in the latter months of the summer prior to the school year. Open Undersecretary positions can be found on SGA’s website (link) and Facebook page (link).
- Undergraduates may run for Senate positions that represent their graduation year. Terms are 1 year. First Year Student elections occur in the Fall semester of every year. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior elections occur in the Spring semester of the prior school year. Check out the SGA elections page for more info! (link)
- When a vacancy arises in the Senate, undergraduate students may apply through SGA’s Outreach and Development Committee (ODC). Open Senate seats can be found on SGA’s website (link) and Facebook page (link). If interested in applying for an open Senate seat, email email@example.com.
- Any undergraduate full time student at UMass can request to become a Special Assistant to one of our Legislative Committees (link to committee page). Special Assistant regularly attend their committee’s meetings, sit on Faculty Councils, and become a member of their committee. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Latest Position Openings and Opportunities see our News & Update Page or Check Our Facebook Group
Judicial Branch and Other Opportunities
- The Judicial Branch of SGA is comprised of 7 Justices. The Chief Justice is appointed in the prior school year. All other justices are reviewed and appointed through an open application in the beginning of each school year. Openings will be posted on the SGA website and Facebook page. For more information or to apply, contact email@example.com.
-Bike Share Assistants
-RSO Council Positions