Co-Chairs: Evan Ross (email@example.com)
Kimberlee Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University Writing Committee will meet on the following dates during the 2022-23 academic year:
Fall Semester 2022- meetings conducted via Zoom
Spring Semester 2023 - meetings conducted via Zoom
April 7 - CANCELLED
All meetings will begin at 1:00 pm and be held in Du Bois 1327, unless otherwise stated. To attend a meeting being held by Zoom, please contact the committee chair for the Zoom link.
The University Writing Committee shall:
- Recommend policies concerning the administration and operation of the University Writing Program;
- Monitor and oversee the Freshman Component of the Writing Program;
- Approve and monitor the Junior-Year Writing Component in the University’s academic units;
- Evaluate the program and, on the basis of this evaluation, suggest changes in procedures or policies; and
- Advise the Provost on the distribution of funds designated for the Junior-Year Writing Component.
Its membership shall be:
- Seven Faculty Members, selected at large;
- One Faculty Member from each School/College headed by a Dean, and One Librarian;
- The Director of the Writing Program, serving ex officio;
- The Associate Director of the Writing Program for Junior Year, serving ex officio;
- The Provost or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee, serving ex officio, non-voting;
- One Graduate Student; and
- One Undergraduate Student.
From Chapter 6 Section 5 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.