Chair: Jennifer Merton (email@example.com)
Fall 2019 Meeting Schedule: All meetings will be held at 12:30 PM in Campus Center Room 901.
Spring 2020 Meeting Schedule: Meetings are being held by Zoom. To attend a meeting, contact the committee chair for the Zoom link.
others to be scheduled
The Status of Women Council shall make recommendations affecting the status of women on the campus, including such matters as recruitment, promotion and salaries, the granting of tenure, the establishment of day care centers, the admission of undergraduate and graduate women students, the granting of financial aid, the development of programs for women whose careers have been interrupted by marriage or childbirth, and the availability and conditions of part-time work.
Its membership shall be:
- Thirteen Faculty Members, including one from each School/College headed by a Dean and one Librarian;
- One Representative from the Massachusetts Society of Professors, selected by the Massachusetts Society of Professors;
- One Representative from the Center for Women and Community;
- Two Members of the non-professional staff, selected by the appropriate unions;
- One Member of the professional staff, chosen by the Professional Staff Union (PSU);
- The Provost or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Executive Director of Equal Opportunity and Diversity or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Chairperson of the Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Program or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Director of the Office of Family Resources or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee, serving ex officio, non-voting;
- Two Graduate Students; and
- Two Undergraduate Students.
From Chapter 5 Section 17 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.