Council and Committee Preferences:
Except as otherwise provided by the Constitution, Bylaws or by motion establishing an Ad Hoc Committee, the Nominating Committee shall:
- Nominate to the Senate for ratification all faculty members and librarians of all Faculty Senate Councils and Standing Committees. Upon the request of any Senate Council or Standing Committee, the Nominating Committee shall consult with the Council or Committee in question and attempt to take into account nomination preferences of said bodies prior to the presentation of official recommendations to the Senate. Graduate and undergraduate members shall be selected, as their respective governance units shall direct; and
- Act in good faith to fill the vacancy with a member of that constituency whenever a seat on a particular Council or Committee is assigned to a specific constituency. Any time that the Nominating Committee tries and fails to fill such a vacancy on that basis, the Nominating Committee shall proceed to fill the vacancy for its full term of membership with a faculty member or librarian chosen at large.
Its membership shall be:
- One elected senator for each 86 faculty members/librarians or a fraction thereof from each School/College headed by a Dean provided that each School/College headed by a Dean shall have at least one representative. These senators shall be elected by the Rules Committee, and shall serve for a term of office that shall coincide with the unexpired portion of their Senate term of office.
- The Chancellor or a designee;
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate, serving ex officio, non-voting;
- One Member from the Status of Diversity Council; and
- One Member from the Status of Women Council.
From Chapter 6 Section 2 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.