Chair: Tobias Baskin (email@example.com)
The Health Council will meet on the following dates during the 2019-2020 academic year:
February 21 CANCELLED
All meetings will begin at 12:00 p.m. and take place in Arnold House, Room 15.
The Health Council shall:
- Propose processes and/or vehicles appropriate for health program evaluation and review program evaluations as they are completed;
- Advise on the operation of existing health and health education programs;
- Recommend policies concerning the health needs of the campus community; and
- Advise campus administrators on the operation of health-related programs, reporting its advice to the Faculty Senate, the Graduate Student Senate and the Student Government Association.
Its membership shall be:
- Nine Faculty Members or Librarians selected at large;
- Four Professional (exempt) Staff (one to be selected by the Professional Staff Union, if available;
- The Director of the Center for Health Promotion, serving ex officio;
- The Executive Director of the University Health Services, serving ex officio;
- The Director of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health, serving ex officio;
- The Director of Environmental Health and Safety, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee, serving ex officio, non-voting;
- Four Classified (non-exempt) Staff (one to be selected by the University Staff Association, if available; one to be selected by AFSCME Local 1776, if available;
- Two Graduate Students selected by the Graduate Student Senate; and
- Up to seven Undergraduate Students selected by the Student Government Association.
From Chapter 5 Section 10 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.