Grants for Research
Beyond the SBS college grants, if you are looking for general information on internal funding, start at the University's Office of Research and Engagement. The links below are internal opportunities across the university that may be of interest.
- Faculty Research Grant/Healey Endowment Grant (FRG/HEG)
- Institute for Social Science Research Scholars Program
- Public Service Endowment Grant
- Book Publication Subvention Program
- Samuel F. Conti Faculty Fellowship Awards
- MSP Research Support Fund
- 2014 Creative Economy Initiatives Fund Program (for more information, contact Loren Walker, 413.577.3725)
- Family Research Scholars Program
- Interdisciplinary Studies Institute Faculty Fellowship
Grants for Teaching
A range of grant opportunities to improve teaching are available through the University's Center for Teaching and Faculty Development. These grants are awarded to individual faculty members as well as groups to support professional development, provide mentoring, enhance the use of technology in teaching, and strengthen writing skills.
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers (contingent on funding) small grants for instructional improvement, typically ranging from $500 to $1500, for SBS faculty who wish to pursue opportunities to increase their effectiveness as instructors. The ultimate goal of the program is to improve the quality of teaching within the College.