Compete in the Sustainathon@UMass
Fri, Oct 20, 2017, 7:00 PM – Sat, Oct 21, 2017, 7:00 PM
Herter Hall 227
Sustainathon@UMass is a first-of-its-kind 24-hour Creathon focused on sustainability! A Creathon is usually a 24 -48 hour creative marathon in which professionals, students, and young talents work in teams to create solutions for global challenges. This weekend will consist of workshops, coaching sessions, and deliverables. This pressure cooker format is where brilliant ideas are born. Participants will be provided with everything they need to boost their thinking, think of: coaches, workshops, data, and of course a great vibe. The difference between a Creathon and a Hackathon is that software development is necessarily during a Hackathon. During a Creathon software development is not leading.
This particular Creathon will be focused on sustainability challenges that the UMass campus is facing and may also include local initiatives/organizations/companies that are doing work to benefit communities domestic and abroad. There will be one major challenge and bonus challenges that teams will be working on for the 24 hours. Winning team will pitch their idea to Chancellor's Sustainability Advisors Committee (CSAC) and potentially see their idea get funded!
- Compete, build, test and launch your implementable case to the world and/or UMass campus.
- Work together in teams full of talent (an interdisciplinary mix of different backgrounds and skillsets).
- Level up your skills: get coaching and workshops.
- Join the Sustainability Projects Abroad (SPA) Team and grow your network: you’ll make unexpected new friendships.
- It’s a big plus on your resume when applying for a job. Doing extra things in addition to your daily school work is becoming more important for organizations.
- The winning team will pitch their idea to the Chancellor’s Sustainability Advisory Committee and potentially see their idea funded!
Want to be on the same team with a friend or friends or have questions? Email email@example.com.
Organized by Sustainability Projects Abroad, a Registered Student Organization at UMass Amherst that plans and facilitates student-led disaster relief and community development projects on campus and around the world focusing on sustainable projects for communities.