SBS Senior Lecturer Professional Improvement Fellowship
The SBS Senior Lecturer Professional Improvement Fellowship provides a one-semester release for select non-tenure-track faculty in the College who have achieved the rank of Senior Lecturer or above, to engage in professional improvement activities that directly relate to their job responsibilities and/or advance important initiatives of the College or their department.
Each recipient shall, upon completion of the fellowship, file a detailed report of their activities with their Department Chair and Dean.
Potential Senior Lecturer Professional Improvement projects include:
- A project to revamp a large general education course to significantly increase student engagement and provide more experiential learning.
- A project to study and introduce best practices to increase retention of students from underrepresented groups in the major.
- A project to use data from the EAB Student Success Collaborative to provide more intentional advising to students in the major.
- A project to study and introduce best practices for assessing students’ achievement of learning goals.
- A project to revise the curriculum in the major to provide for-credit internships based at the Mount Ida Campus.
- A project to revise the curriculum in the major to provide year-round education, so students can complete their degrees more quickly or free up time for internships or coops.
- A project that develops strategies for integrating academic, experiential, and professional development competencies and reflection (SBS Pathways) into course design.
Contact Mary Ann Libardi, SBS Director of Personnel, for application details.