The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is available to help you with your communications needs and projects. As representatives of the University, we are also stewards of the UMass Amherst brand, and are dedicated to upholding the standards set by University Relations and the Chancellor's Office.
What can we help you with?
The SBS communications team has staff assigned to academic departments and centers who can help you with a number of projects. The projects we assist with must be in line with messaging priorities, and must serve as part of a larger strategy or initiative within the university, college, or unit. Due to time and resource constraints, we may not be able to assist in all projects, and prioritize projects that have a strategic purpose. Depending on the scope of the project, we will need anywhere from 2 weeks (e.g., simple posters, headshots, quick website updates) to 4 months (e.g., annual reports, major website projects).
- Creating a communications strategy for your area
- Producing print collateral, such as annual report, posters, mailers, etc.
- Creating digital content, such as email newsletters, web content, etc.
- Improving your website through content revisions and creation, analyzing your website menu structure, improving SEO, and more
- Elevating your visual presence with professional photography for headshots and events
- Creating videos to highlight research, students, alumni, or programs.