This scholarship was established by Robert C. Cole ´59 (psychology) and his wife Margaret to recognize undergraduates in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences who are working with faculty on research that has the potential to address current social problems.
Eligibility: Students must be in good academic standing and nominated by a member of the SBS faculty. Faculty may nominate only one student per year.
Selection: One award of at least $2,500 will be made. A review committee from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences will select recipients in the fall semester. Selection criteria are as follows:
- Academic merit
- Faculty recommendation
- Quality of proposal, including an adequate description of the research plan
- Preference will be given to applications that show genuine collaboration between the student applicant and the sponsoring faculty member
- Fit of research project with student’s academic and future goals
- The degree to which the project provides the student with clear opportunities for research involvement and development of professional experience
Deadline to apply: Thursday, October 15, 2015
The recipients of this award will be expected to:
- Write a thank-you letter to Mr. and Mrs. Cole
Contact: Susan McDonough, Assistant Director of External Affairs
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
40 Campus Center Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9244