Application Deadline - Spring 2022 Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship
Do you want to share your research with audiences beyond the academy, write an effective op-ed or policy brief, testify before Congress, or work with community and professional groups? The Public Engagement Project invites applications from UMass faculty for the Spring 2022 Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship. As a Public Engagement Faculty Fellow, you will:
• Develop a fellowship plan tailored to your expertise and aspirations for reaching broader publics;
• Receive technical training in communicating with non-academic audiences, cultivating networks to reach those publics, and workshopping your policy brief, blog, op-ed piece, or other public engagement products;
• Receive a $1,000 stipend for your research account.
Selection criteria include:
• A substantial record of research and/or scholarship as a faculty member;
• Research or scholarship with the potential for significant public impact*;
• A commitment to developing materials for non-academic audiences based on your research and scholarship;
• The capacity to pursue public engagement activities during the fellowship period and beyond.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee and applicants will be informed about final selections in December.
*"Potential for significant public impact" recognizes the many forms that public engagement can take (e.g., working with media, policymakers, the courts, advocacy groups, or professional and practitioner organizations).