Adoption / Foster Care Fact Sheet for K-12 Teachers
- Made possible by the Rudd Family Visiting Professorship, awarded to Dr. Abbie Goldberg
- Dr. Gwen Bass, adoption educator and consultant, played the lead role in compiling this resource
- School engagement is one of the best predictors of lifelong wellbeing, so it is vital that our classrooms are environments where students thrive.
Common Sense Media
- This resource is for K-12 teachers and is aimed to help them integrate diversity and inclusion lesson plans into their classroom.
- Includes links to and information about educational programs and training, anti-bias tools and strategies, lesson plans, bullying/cyberbullying resources, and more.
- Includes a variety of resources for K-12 educators to both use within their classroom in order to support diversity and inclusion in the classroom as well as strategies for teachers to best support a diverse classroom. Available resources include lesson plans, teaching strategies, and film kits.
Edutopia: Preparing for Cultural Diversity: Resources for Teachers:
- Includes resources on how create inclusive learning environments, as well as lesson plans, activities, and teaching strategies.
How to Provide a Multicultural Education
- The resource includes information on what multicultural education is and how it can benefit students of all backgrounds. The article then goes into fourteen tips that teachers can use for incorporating multicultural education in the classroom.