If you are interested in declaring Resource Economics or Managerial Economics as a major, there are a few steps you must take first:
1. Review the Undergraduate Handbook and consider if Resource Economics or Managerial Economics is right for you.
Resource Economics and Managerial Economics are rigorous math-intensive programs. Students in both majors are interested in economics and are required to complete courses in introductory and intermediate microeconomics and macroeconomics. Students are also required to complete courses in statistics (introductory and intermediate) and quantitative methods.
The information in the Undergraduate Handbook will help you decide if Resource Economics or Managerial Economics is a good fit for you and if you can complete your degree on time. Please review each of the following sections of the Handbook:
2. Submit a Statement of Interest. If you would like to move forward in declaring Resource Economics or Managerial Economics after reviewing the Undergraduate Handbook, please complete our Statement of Interest (a secure form). You must submit a Statement of Interest before attending an information session.
3. Reserve a space in an information session. Students must reserve a space for and attend an info session before they are able to declare Resource Economics or Managerial Economics. Info session spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis. There are 20 spaces per info session.
To reserve a space in an info session, please submit a Department of Resource Economics Info Session Reservation Request form.
Info Session Reservation Request forms must be submitted no later than 3:00 PM one business day prior to the scheduled info session you would like to attend.
After reviewing your form, an advising staff member will contact you via email to confirm your info session day/time.
Spring 2020 Info Sessions:
- Thursday, January 30 at 11:45 am
- Tuesday, February 11 at 4 pm.
- Wednesday, March 25 at 1:15 pm
- Friday, March 27 at 11:45 am
- Thursday, April 2 at 9:45 am
- Tuesday, April 7 at 12:45 pm
- Thursday, April 9 at 1:15 pm
- Wednesday, April 15 at 1:15 pm
- Tuesday, April 28 at 1:15 pm
4. Complete a Resource Economics or Managerial Economics checksheet. You must bring a completed major checksheet with you to your reserved info session. Please fill in any major courses previously taken or currently in progress (including semester taken and grade received, if applicable).
5. Attend your scheduled information session. Information sessions review the student services provided by the department and College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, advising, the curriculum for each major, and some things to consider when determining whether Resource Economics or Managerial Economics is the right major for you.
At the end of the info session, your completed major checksheet will be collected and reviewed by the advising staff. The review process is simply for advising staff to determine your current progress in the major. You will receive a follow up email regarding your major declaration within 7 days of your info session.