Examples of Broader Impacts Statements from successful NSF Proposals submitted by UMass Amherst faculty.
Below are links to proposal excerpts, several from successful CAREER awardees. These are not intended as "boilerplate," but instead to provide a sample of the scope and organization used by other researchers when developing their broader impacts section.
All links below require login with a UMass NetID.
- Excerpts of 2015 CAREER proposal by an Assistant Professor in Computer Science
- Sample from 2012 Career proposal by an Assistant Professor in Sociology- including review sheet for April 25, 2014 event with Carol Inman, National Grantwriter
- BI section of regular NSF grant 2015 by a full professor in Biochemistry
- BI section of 2nd regular NSF grant (2014) by the same full professor (and former program officer)
- Excerpt of 2010 BRIGE (Broadening Participation in Engineering) by Jenna Marquard, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, email@example.com