The Office of Research and Engagement offers proposal support services for faculty, departments, academics units, and administrative offices that do not have their own staff assistance. These services are also available for a fee when local support services (such as those in departments, schools, and colleges) experience occasional high volume of proposal support needs. The Vice Chancellor for Research & Engagement (VCRE) can usually fund proposal support services for strategic initiatives, e.g., large center level proposals. In other instances, funding from another source may be required.
Services are limited. Please make requests via this webform as soon as a need is identified. Research and Engagement staff will evaluate your request and provide a cost quote for services. Fee-based work will begin once the quote has been accepted and the owner of the supplied speed type approves the funding. Invoicing for services will be done through the automated CORUM billing system.
- Most standard proposals are billed at $1,200 per proposal
- Proposal support services cannot be directly charged to U.S. government funded projects
Standard Proposal Support typically includes:
- Solicitation analysis and assessment
- Kuali proposal record creation and sponsor submission portal support
- Budget development – scenario planning, budget building in Kuali, Excel templates
- Proposal timeline and task management (may include Proposal Management Tool)
- Templates for standard supporting documents
- Collaboration support - subrecipient engagement and coordination, contractors, consultant, and vendor support
- Minor formatting and editing of supporting documents
- Review of application documents for solicitation requirements and formatting prior to routing
- Routing for internal approvals
- Assistance with corrections following institutional OPAS review