The Office of Research and Engagement offers proposal support for faculty, departments, academics units, and administrative offices that do not have their own staff assistance. These services are also available when local support services (such as those in departments, schools, and colleges) experience occasional high volume of proposal support needs. The Vice Chancellor for Research & Engagement (VCRE) can usually fund proposal support services for strategic initiatives, e.g., large center level proposals. In other instances, funding from another source may be required.
Services are limited. Please make requests via this webform as soon as a need is identified. Research and Engagement staff will evaluate your request and assess whether capacity is available to support the proposal and if the VCRE can provide funding. Fee-based work will begin once the quote has been accepted and the owner of the supplied speed type approves the funding. Invoicing for services will be done through the automated CORUM billing system.
- The Office of Pre-Award Services (OPAS) will continue reviewing and submitting proposals to funding agencies. There is no change in these services and no cost to users.
- Fee-based proposal support quotes are calculated on a labor rate of $60 per hour. Number of hours depend on requested services and evaluation of the funding agency’s Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Proposal support services cannot be directly charged to U.S. government funded projects.
Types of services offered
Basic Proposal Support:
- Kuali proposal record creation and sponsor Portal support
- Budget entry
- Routing for internal approvals
Standard Proposal Support – Basic PLUS the following:
- Solicitation analysis and assessment
- Proposal timeline and task management (may include Proposal Management Tool)
- Budget development – scenario planning, budget building in Kuali, Excel templates
- Templates for standard supporting documents
- Collaboration support - subrecipient engagement and coordination, contractors, consultant, and vendor support
- Minor formatting and editing of supporting documents
- Review of application documents for solicitation requirements and formatting prior to routing
- Assist with corrections following institutional OPAS review
Additional Services for Standard Proposals:
- Graphics and layout - In house consultation, in house graphic creation, manage external graphics contractors
- Supporting Documentation Development - Crafting documents and/or editing - facilities statements, Biosketches, data management plans, current and pending support.