The Office of Research Development (ORD) team serves investigators by facilitating the initiation and expansion of research and scholarly activities on campus.
ORD staff members:
- Assist with coordination, development and refinement of proposals for sponsored research.
- Link faculty to prospective partners across disciplines and institutions.
- Offer guidance on funding strategies and information about upcoming opportunities.
- Organize faculty research development workshops, seminars, and peer-to-peer mentoring programs.
- Provide federal and state government relations services.
In short, they continually explore new and improved ways to help members of the campus research community initiate, expand, or supplement sponsored projects.
The Office of Research Development strives to deploy a suite of activities that reflect national best practices in professional staff services for research development.
Three broad types of research development services are:
- Proposal development
- Faculty development programs
- Government relations
For more details, see Research Development staff contacts.