To: All Faculty in the College of Natural Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering
Please find below a limited submission opportunity that supports support early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis, or treatment of disease. UMass Amherst may submit one application for this opportunity. If you are interested in submitting to this program, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF by June 29 at 9 a.m.:
- A research plan with specific objectives/aims (2 pages max.)
- A lay summary of your research plan (1 page max.)
- NIH Biosketch or Curriculum Vitae
- A list of current and pending support
The mission of the Mallinckrodt Foundation is to support early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis, or treatment of disease. Funds are designed to provide faculty members who hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degrees, and are in their fifth to eighth year of a tenure-track position, with support to move the project forward to the point where other independent funding can be obtained. Candidates may have an R01.
- Candidates must be faculty members in the first to fourth year of a tenure-track position.
- Applicants may have an R01.
- $60,000/year for up to 3 years ($180,000 total)
- The foundation will not fund overhead/indirect costs. Salary is acceptable.
- We strongly encourage you to review Current Grantees and Past Awardees to ascertain your competitiveness.
- The foundation grants ~5 awards per year.
Internal Selection Process:
The internal process for selecting UMass Amherst's nominee will be informed by the grant program's guidelines and submission requirements and led by a committee composed of the deans of applicants' respective schools and colleges or their designees and, if appropriate, the Provost, Vice Chancellor for Research Engagement, and/or faculty with relevant expertise.