Based on an extensive vetting process over the past year with the help of multiple stakeholders (e.g., faculty, business administrators, the Research Council and the Research Administration Advisory Board) and at various events (e.g., focus groups with campus community members and discussions with peer institutions), and as the result of a competitive bidding process, Kuali Research has been selected as the new Electronic Research Administration (eRA) system for the UMass Amherst campus.
What is the project status?
The contract with Kuali Research was signed in August 2018 and the kick-off meeting with the vendor took place on September 12 and 13, 2018.
The UMass Amherst Kuali Implementation Steering Committee will be meeting regularly, along with six different implementation groups:
- Pre-Award - Leads, Carol Sprague, Ian Raphael & Jim Ayres
- Post-Award - Lead, Carol Sprague
- Compliance - Leads, Jen Donais (CIO), Gaurav Dhawan (IRB) & Alison Miller (IACUC)
- Reporting - Lead, Paul Brozek
- Interfaces & Technical - Lead, Paul Kelley
- Training & Communications - Leads, Ian Raphael & Allison Koss
Improved offerings include:
- Easier navigation and a more modern, user-friendly interface that includes a Principal Investigator dashboard.
- A single repository for all proposal, award, and compliance information.
- Productivity and reporting tools to streamline and better manage the full lifecycle of sponsored projects.
- Reporting capabilities that offer users the tools to leverage our powerful repository of information to gain important insights and make more informed decisions.
What do you need to know?
- There are no immediate changes or steps that you need to take.
- We will share a more detailed timeline when it is finalized.
- This is a great opportunity for Research and Engagement to improve business processes.
- There will be focus groups and other opportunities for faculty and staff to provide feedback throughout the process.
- Trainings will start in spring 2019. Scheduling will be announced when it is finalized.
Need more information?
For questions regarding the project, please email email@example.com.