GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following reports are required of all STScI grantees and must be submitted electronically via the STScI Grants Management System (STGMS) https://stgms.stsci.edu/stgms/.
- Financial: Due Monthly (by the end of each month)
- Performance: Annually (30 days after the anniversary date of the grant (except final year)
Final Reports must be submitted no later than 90 days after the expiration date of the grant.
- Final Financial Report
- Final Performance Report
- Final Equipment Report (include the manufacturer’s name, model number, and actual purchase price for all equipment)
- Final New Technology Report
To request a no-cost extension, submit the request and an Annual Performance Report through the STGMS no later than 30 days prior to the expiration date of the grant.
GENERAL GRANT PROVISION #XXII:
This provision requires the following acknowledgement of support in all publications based on HST research funded through all grants:
“Support for Program number ________ was provided by NASA through a grant from the Space Telescope Science Institute, which is operated by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Incorporated, under NASA contract NAS#-#####.”
All STScI grants are awarded on the basis of a Proposal containing a detailed financial plan (budget) for the expenditure of awarded funds. Grantees must obtain prior written approval from the STScI Grants Administration Office whenever the budget revisions:
- will result in changes to the scope or the objectives of the project;
- will result in items being added to the budget which require prior approval from STScI such as equipment purchases exceeding $5,000, etc. that were not specifically authorized in the Grant Award or Amendment Documents;
- will result in transferring to a third party (by subgranting, contracting, or other means) substantive project activities;
- will involve the transfer of funds between direct cost categories, or the transfer of funds between direct and indirect cost categories when the cumulative amount of such transfers is expected to exceed $25,000 or twenty-five percent of the total project budget as last approved by STScI, whichever is less.
- All other budget changes do not require STScI approval. When requesting approval for budget revisions, grantees are asked to use the proposal budget format (Form GF-99-1, pages 1 through 3), in the GMS.
Please contact your Award Administrator for further instructions.