Notifications Regarding Federal Government Potential Lapse in Funding
Now that government operations have resumed, please see items below marked NEW. We expect to receive notifications and guidance from the agencies for deadlines occurring during the shutdown. Normally during these types of events they allow a reasonable extension of deadlines to allow applicants adequate time to respond.
NEW: Congressional and Governmental Affairs News (APLU)
Specific Agencies distributed information:
“NIH is working to reestablish dates for grant and contract submissions, determine how to handle missed review meetings, and reschedule dates for training and other activities that were scheduled to occur during and immediately following the period of the government shutdown.
As of today, we can confirm that we will be rescheduling all October grant application submission deadlines to the November timeframe (specific dates to be announced in a future Notice). By delaying due dates that occurred both during the lapse in funding and in the week following, applicants will have access to NIH staff and the help desks as they develop their applications.
Peer review meetings that were due to be held between October 1 and October 17 have been cancelled and are being rescheduled.
We expect the eRA Commons will be available for public access on Monday, October 21.
NIH will provide additional information, including a Notice on NIH operations during a continuing resolution, as soon as it is available.”
- NEW: Fastlane has posted this Advisory, https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/fastlane.jsp;jsessionid=68ffd269ea4720d65f39592ad45e:Dqk3?t=0&idx=0:
- NEW:There is now a Continuing Resolution in place for NSF effective Thursday, October 17, 2013. There is now a Continuing Resolution in place for NSF effective Thursday, October 17, 2013. NSF systems are now up and operational. No decision has been made regarding missed proposal deadlines or panels. Please check back at a later time for more up to date information.
- NEW: 10/18/13 General Post shutdown guidance and Important Notice 134 "Resumption of Operations" can be found at NSF page http://www.nsf.gov/bfa/dias/policy/postshutdown.jsp
- NEW: 10/23/13 Revised Proposal Deadlines listed on this page now
NEW: 10/18/13 (USDA) Department of Agriculture
- Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 continuing resolution for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)