no-cost extensions will be granted to awardees who have experienced project delays related to COVID-19. To request an extension please fill out the form here.
- Power Point slides from the September 18, 2020 FRG/HEG Workshop Information Session
- Recording of September 18, 2020 FRG/HEG Workshop here
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Office of Research Development, under the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement, administers the Faculty Research (FRG)/Healey Endowment Grant (HEG) program. This internal grant program promotes research, scholarly, and creative activities in all disciplines and fields. The program supports projects that will lead to the production of publications or creative works, attract external funding, increase competitiveness for awards, and enhance faculty recipients’ reputation and research profile. Projects are encouraged that involve undergraduate and graduate students when their involvement is integral to the anticipated outcomes of the proposed project. All full-time UMass Amherst Faculty whose appointments extend beyond the current academic year (including those going on sabbatical) are invited to submit applications.
The FRG / HEG program encourages proposals from:
- Junior faculty members initiating new projects
- Mid-career faculty members in pursuit of new directions
Mid-career faculty members seeking to re-vitalize an ongoing program after a gap in productivity. Gaps may be due to:
- A period of exceptional commitment to departmental, university, and professional service;
- Heavy teaching loads in the last three to six years; or
- Personal or family circumstances
Notification of awards will be made Spring 2022.
How To Apply:
Guidelines and application materials for the 2022 FRG will be coming soon.
All recipients of the Faculty Research Grant/Healey Endowment Grant (FRG/HEG) are required to submit a final report within 90 days of project completion.
For More Information:
Please contact Michelle Wonsey in the Office of Research Development at 577-3726 or by email.