Electronic Proposal Preparation/SmartGrant
SmartGrant (formerly GAMS)
SmartGrant is a software tool available to faculty and staff to assist them with creating proposal budgets, creating and routing the IPF and attached proposal, and in the case of Grants.gov, submitting the proposal electronically to the sponsor. You will need your UMass NetID and password to take advantage of SmartGrant. If you can not get into SmartGrant with your UMass NetID, please contact Leanne Every at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 545-5892. Please read "About GAMS" below.
- About GAMS and Guides <these guides have screen shots from GAMS though the current software is called SmartGrant. The guides still have some value though they will be updated in the near future.>
- GAMS Flowchart: The Path to the IPF - An outline of the GAMS steps to creating and routing an IPF
- Technical information
- IMPORTANT NOTE about PDFs - you MUST create a standard PDFs or your proposal will be rejected - see here for more details
- GAMS Award Information FAQs
- GAMS Contacts
- Log on to GAMS Production (live real-time proposal creation)
- Log on to GAMS Train (learning and experimentation area)<Currently Disabled>
- UMASS Amherst is a registered NSF Fastlane user. Fastlane enables institutions to electronically submit proposals, rebudget requests, time extensions, final reports, and do other administrative grant activities. We highly recommend that you visit the Fastlane Homepage for more information. There are several programs for which proposals must be submitted through Fastlane.
- For information on proposal preparation try this FAQ excerpt from the NSF Fastlane homepage.
- For advice on PDF files or technical issues see the full FAQ text.
- For help on other questions go to "About Fastlane".