Guidance for the Research Community
Page last updated 2/23/21 at 9:00 a.m.
Reopening Research & Libraries
Research & Library Operating Plan 2.0 (RLOP) form (NetID & password required) including Guidance on Farms (Reopening Plan and User Access Protocol), Fieldwork, and Travel and Updated Guidance for Reopening Human Subjects Research
- RLOP 2.0 Kuali Form Procedure Guidance
- RLOP Personnel Change Form - Request removal/addition of personnel for an Original RLOP or RLOP 2.0
- Kuali Form Action List to find saved forms and/or to manage approvals
- Kuali Build Dashboard to create a new form or access the Action List
- RLOP 1.0 form number lookup (NetID & password required)
- Research & Library Operating Plan (RLOP) Reviewer/Approver Instructions V 2.1
- Building/Space Capacity dashboard (VPN, NetID & password required)
- Detailed information on Reopening Research & Libraries (PDF) 5/28/20
- Please note that the COVID-19 Interim Operating Plan document has been updated to version 1.3 (Word). If you see a previous version when you open the link, please clear your browser’s cache and open it again. There is new information on naming conventions for completed forms on the last page.
- Restarting Research - Criteria and Contingency Plans (YouTube video) This presentation, led by Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement Jennifer Donais, is about the approach that UMass is taking to restart research safely on campus. The presentation outlines the guiding principles, the process for gathering information, the context by which decisions are being made, phasing in research based on best practices, continuity planning and a defined contextual framework.
- Reopening Research FAQ
- University Restarting Research Stages Compared to MA Reopening Phases (PDF)
Please send questions on the reopening to email@example.com.
Further Guidelines and Resources
|Safety & Cleaning|
|Centralized Core Facilities||
|IRB (Research with Human Subjects)||
|IACUC (Research with Animals)||
|Sponsored Projects: Federal Agency Guidance||
Thank you very much for your cooperation and continued attention to the evolving circumstances of this unprecedented public health emergency.
Guidance about UMass Amherst research activities are updated when new information becomes available. See the UMass Amherst Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for the status of all UMass Amherst operations.