AAMC and CITI Program have collaborated to launch a complimentary course to train staff, students, and faculty on COVID-19 safety, for their return to campus. The course was made possible by the contributions of several academic organizations and includes presenters from University of Maryland School of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Sciences Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Yale University, and Northwestern University.
This course announcement is also being distributed by several member organizations, such as AAMC, so we request that organizations coordinate with senior decision makers to ensure we receive only one setup request per organization. Independent affiliates of subscribing organizations should submit their own request for course access, as authorized by a decision-maker at that organization.
This course will be available to UMass faculty, staff, and students through October 1, 2020. It is not mandatory.
- Discussion of recommendations by the CDC, NIH, and OSHA
- Designed for staff, students, and faculty at higher education and research organizations
- Optional modules on specific areas such as research with human subjects and safe lab reactivation involving animal research
- Go to the CITI Program Homepage
- Click on "Log In" (blue box on the right hand side)
- Click on "Log in through my Institution"
- Scroll down the list to select "University of Massachusetts Amherst"
- Login using your UMass NetID and password
- Under "Institutional Courses" click on "View Courses" next to University of Massachusetts Amherst
- When you get to the main University of Massachusetts Amherst page, go to the bottom where it says "Learner Tools for University of Massachusetts Amherst"
- Click on "Add a Course"
- On the "Select Curriculum" page, scroll down to Question 11 and select "yes" and "submit".
- This will return you to your main page. The course should now be listed under "Courses Ready to Begin."