The transition of e-Protocol for human subjects (IRB) to Kuali Research has been rescheduled to address a technical matter related to loading students as protocol personnel or protocol directors. Kuali will be available for IRB starting Tuesday, October 15, 2019 (previously September 9th).
- September 30, 2019: Last day to submit all new protocols, revisions, or renewals in e-Protocol for the October 8th IRB meeting. Please note: the IRB office will not accept any submissions in e-protocol beginning October 1, 2019.
- September 30, 2019 1:00 p.m. until Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 8:00 a.m.: To allow for data migration neither e-Protocol nor Kuali Research eRA system (IRB module) will be available during this time period.
- October 15, 2019, 8:00am: Kuali Research eRA system will be available for IRB submissions.
For more information on the transition, please see the IRB Kuali Transition FAQs (PDF).
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-Protocol is an on-line system for the approval of human subject research. All requests for approval of human subject research must be submitted through the e-Protocol system. To submit a new protocol through e-Protocol for the first time, please follow the instructions below.
The e-Protocol User Guide was designed to help the user easily navigate the system by providing step-by-step instructions and screenshots to help clarify the guidance. The User Guide will help you create, edit, or clone electronic submissions to the IRB. The User Guide also provides instructions on submitting revisions, renewals, and final reports to existing protocols. Lastly, the User Guide also provides step-by-step instructions for submitting adverse event reports and deviation reports.
Compilation of e-Protocol Questions
These documents compile the questions posed in the Social, Behavioral, and Educational Expedited submission form and the Biomedical Expedited submission form. These documents may be useful in getting acquainted with the types of questions posed in e-Protocol and formulating responses which can then be copied and pasted into e-Protocol. Please note that these documents are for informational purposes only and should not be used as a mode of submisison for protocols. All protocols should be submitted through e-Protocol.
Configuring Your Computer
It is important to configure your computer correctly before getting started in e-Protocol.
Use a recommended browser
- If you are on a Windows machine, e-Protocol works best when using Internet Explorer.
- If you are on a Mac machine, e-Protocol works best using Safari.
- You may experience difficulties when using other operating system/browser combinations. Please avoid using Firefox, Chrome, or Opera as these browsers are NOT fully supported.
Allow Pop-Up Window
Pop-up blocking software prevents the e-Protocol application from opening certain windows. You'll need to make sure that your browser has all pop-up blocking software disabled. For instructions on how to enable pop-up windows, please see your browser Help guidance.
NOTE: Google and Yahoo toolbars each add their own additional layer of pop-up blocking software, in addition to the browser's software. Please see your browser's Help guidance.