The Office of Post-Award Management (OPAM - previously OGCA) provides services to faculty and their administrative staff in support of extramural funding from award account set up to post-award management.
Once a sponsor has indicated an interest in funding a proposal we:
- Review, negotiate and accept awards for the university on behalf of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Provide guidance in the overview and interpretation of award terms and conditions.
- Liaise between the PI, other on campus offices (primarily the Controller’s Office) and the sponsor for post-award actions that require coordination, contact with, and approval from the sponsor (budget revisions, no cost extensions, and other issues).
- Offer ongoing workshops and information sessions on key issues and topics regarding sponsored research administration.
- Maintain updated information, links and guidance documents on many funding sponsors.
OPAM award administrators are assigned on a funding agency basis. A list with contact information is available on our staff directory.
Our award administrators' primary focus is on:
- Compliance with university policy
- Award negotiation and acceptance
- Award modification as needed during its life cycle
- Award management
- Related departments
OPAM works closely with other departments within Research and Engagement and the Controller’s office. Each department has a specific role to play in sponsored-research administration. Familiarize yourself with their functions and policies: