Job Description, Social Media Design and Events Assistant—Work-Study Position — $15/HR with flexible days and hours.
To Apply: Please see the listing on the Student Job Board here
The Renaissance Center seeks a work-study student for approximately 10 hours a week. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented with exceptional writing skills, a talent for design, and experience in optimizing content for social media. The position begins September 2021. We are located at 650 E. Pleasant Street, Amherst MA.
The social media design and events assistant will create content for the Renaissance Center’s social media presence as well as help in the set-up and break-down of the Center’s artistic, scholarly, and public-facing events. Weekly goals include: developing and updating the Center’s social media channels and website, setting up and attending scheduled events to capture images for promotional materials, and strategizing and designing ways of connecting with our various academic and public audiences.
- Manage the Center’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in the development and implementation of social media strategy.
- Assist the Center’s Director, Librarian, and Programs Coordinator with large projects and campus events.
- Identify and collect compelling stories for social media posts.
- Set up, attend, and report on Center events.
- Other duties as necessary.
- One short recommendation from a professor or professional familiar with your writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with social networking and knowledge of social analytics tools.
- Ability to multi-task.