Withdrawing from a Course

Depending on what time during the semester you want to withdraw from a course, you can drop in SPIRE or petition your Academic Dean.

  • If you need to withdraw from a course during the semester you may drop the course in SPIRE, with no record, during the add/drop period.
  • After the add/drop period and until the mid-semester date, "W" drops are accepted and can be done in SPIRE
  • After the mid-semester date, you must petition your Academic Dean.

WARNING: If you withdraw from courses that bring your total enrollment below a full-time load of 12 credits it may affect your health insurance coverage which may require you to be full time or your financial aid package. Please check with the Office of Financial Aid.

Withdrawing from the University

  • IF you are withdrawing DURING the semester, please visit the Dean of Students Office website for information regarding Withdrawing from the University.
  • IF you are withdrawing from the University AFTER the current semester ends but before the first day of classes of the next semester, you must fill out an End of Term Withdrawal in SPIRE.