Requesting updates to your personal information

Addresses/phone numbers, personal email information, emergency contact information, and pronouns can be updated by students through your SPIRE account. In order to update your biographical information in SPIRE that you do not have access to change on your own (primary name, social security number, etc.), please use the SPIRE Information Update Request Form. You can follow either the in-person or electronic steps below.


  • If you have already filed your FAFSA, please check with Financial Aid to see if a legal name change would have any impact your aid.
  • Graduate students need to change their name through the Graduate School. Please contact their office for assistance.

Electronic option (for Current Students only)

  1. Navigate to the Registrar’s Office forms page.
  2. Click on the SPIRE Information Update Request Form link. If prompted, sign in with your SPIRE credentials.
  3. Select from the available options on the form and follow the instructions.
  4. Upload the necessary documentation to the form and submit.
  5. The Registrar’s Office will receive an email notification once the form has been submitted. The office will update your record and send an email confirmation once complete.

In-Person option

  1. Print and complete the SPIRE Information Update Request Form (PDF).
  2. After completing the form, please bring it to 213 Whitmore Administration Building along with the necessary documentation needed to process the change. The Registrar’s Office will take in the form and make copies of your documentation and update your record.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact or 413.545.0555, option 5.