There are two general scenarios:
Scenario #1: You are in a roommate-restricted RAP.
There are a few RAPs that require students to room with another student in the same RAP:
- All Honors RAPs
- Bio Pioneers RAP
- Isenberg School of Management Fellows RAPs
- Emerging Scholars RAP
- Performing & Visual Arts Majors RAP
- Veterinary & Animal Science Majors RAP
If you are in one of these RAPs, you may request to room with someone in your RAP. In order to see who is in your RAP, log back into your RAP log-in page and click “see others in my RAP.” If you wish to live with one of these students as your roommate, you must mutually request each other on your Housing Preference Application using your full name or Student ID #.
If you don’t request a specific roommate, housing will assign you a roommate in your RAP based on your housing profile.
Scenario #2: You are in a RAP that does not have a roommate restriction (any RAP NOT listed above).
It is possible to request your roommate in any of these three cases:
- You want to room with someone in your RAP (In order to see who is in your RAP, log back into your RAP log-in page and click “see others in my RAP”) OR
- You want to room with someone in a different RAP that is located in the same residence hall as yours OR
- You want to room with someone not joining a RAP
In any of these cases, follow this procedure: On your Housing Preference Application on Spire, both students must request each other. You can enter their full name or Student ID. Please know that this does not guarantee that you will be assigned together.
It is NOT possible to live with someone who is in a RAP that is located in a different residence hall.
For additional questions about roommates please visit the Housing Assignment website.