Join our Peer Mentoring Program!
SPACE: Supporting Peer Academic Commitment and Excellence
Want to make some new friends and have some fun? Apply to be part of our departmental mentoring program!
We are looking for exceptional senior and junior psychology majors as mentors and freshman and sophomore psychology majors as mentees. Research has shown that positive social networks and academic connections increase student retention and student success.
Be a part of a wonderful program and have some fun!
Learn things about campus that you never knew!
Earn a place on your resume!
To apply to join the program, please complete the application here.
Once accepted to the program, you will be registered for a 2-credit course (PSYCH 298SP). You will be matched with a mentor/mentee based on shared interests and career goals.
- Attend a weekly faculty-led mentoring session (Spring 2024: Wednesdays 4-5pm)
- Spend 2-3 hours per week doing activities within your mentor/mentee, including social and academic activities
- Submit brief reports on your activities through Canvas
- Library Scavenger Hunt
- Exploring Campus Resources
- Campus Selfie Challenge
- Student Presentations
- Campus Center and Student Union Challenge
- Faculty and Graduate Student Panels
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Woodman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete your application now, click here!