Can the advising office talk with my parents or others about my academic record?

Because of federal privacy laws, advisors can only speak to students about academic records. If you would like for your parents or other individuals you designate to have access to your academic record, then you must complete the academic information release form available at the advising office; you can email advising at  to receive an electronic copy.  That form must be on file at the advising office before we can speak to anyone other than the student about academic information.

FAQ Type: