STRIDE (Strategies and Tactics for Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence) workshops are intended for faculty members with an important role in faculty recruitment efforts (e.g., search committee chairs and members and other key faculty). These two-hour workshops review research driven best practices to recruit for diversity and excellence across every stage in the search process and is designed to help faculty produce diverse candidate pools and run effective searches by:
- Getting great applications from the best applicants
- Developing a strong short list
- Managing the visit
- Choosing and attracting the best candidate
STRIDE is required for all faculty involved in search committees. Access to candidate files will only be granted upon completion of the training. Exceptions to this will be made only at the discretion of your school/college dean. Training is valid for a three -year period, after which must be renewed.
To promote small-group discussion and interaction, workshops are capped at 20 participants.
Fall 2020 Workshop Schedule:
- Friday, September 18, 2:00-4:00pm, via Zoom | Register
- Tuesday, October 6, 1:00-3:00pm, via Zoom | Register
- Wednesday, October 21, 1:00-3:00pm, via Zoom | Register
- Tuesday, November 10, 2:00-4:00pm, via Zoom | Register
For help with any of the above, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org