The Provost’s Academic Personnel team oversees employment-related actions and programs specific to faculty and librarians including:
- Reappointment, promotion, and tenure processes
- Union contract issues and negotiations for faculty, graduate student employees, and post-doc research associates
- Supporting the University’s Academic Personnel Workflow System (APWS)
- Providing leadership programming such as LEAD
- Guidance on faculty personnel issues and actions, such as leaves of absence, sabbaticals, appointment to senior faculty ranks, and more
Academic Personnel provides a number of resources for tenure-track faculty hiring at UMass Amherst, including the Faculty Search Activities Guide, the Partner Employment Program (PEP), and the Pathways Program.
For help with any of the above, or to find an answer to another question, please contact the team directly at email@example.com
For assistance with financial policies, annual budget and planning, and other financial and budgetary processes for academic affairs, please contact Academic Administration and Finance. For other hiring and benefits issues, please contact the university’s Department of Human Resources.