Canvas is the leading LMS among public research universities, known for its flexibility, ease of use, and mobile capabilities.
- Mobile-first. Canvas offers students true flexibility in how and where they learn. Canvas delivers industry-leading mobile applications combined with a fully responsive interface that enables students and instructors to access the platform from the device of their choice.
- Multiple personalization options, such as pronoun listing and name pronunciation recording, align with our university’s commitment to making all members feel welcome and included. Students can choose the online identity they wish to present to their instructors and classmates.
- A seamless learning experience. The Canvas API (application programming interface) integrates with tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Adobe, and hundreds of other technology partners to deliver one centralized learning hub.
- 24-hour phone and chat support for instructors and students from Canvas. In addition, as the university’s single LMS, Canvas allows the campus to streamline support as well as technical and infrastructure resources.
- Unlimited file size. Students and instructors can upload as much audio, video, and visuals as needed to enrich the class experience.
- Course analytics. Instructors have access to data insights on how students are interacting with course materials to help them optimize student engagement and pivot as needed.
- Cloud-based. This means no downtime due to updates. You can log in for instant connection from anywhere, any time, from any computer or mobile device.
- IMPACT Messaging. Impact by Instructure helps institutions improve technology adoption and evaluate the impact of educational technology, while helping faculty and students seamlessly navigate new platforms.
- Calendar. The Calendar is a great way to view everything you have to do for all your courses in one place. You can view calendar events by day, week, month, or agenda list. The calendar also includes access to the Scheduler, which is an optional scheduling tool in Canvas.