This contract is for advertisement placement services for professional staff and faculty positions and for general print and online advertising needs.
189 Wells Avenue
Newton, MA 02459
(857) 404-0864 phone
(617) 969-6807 fax
Vendor Code: 0000014746
Michelle is your lead Account Coordinator. To place an ad, contact her.
Jeff McEvoy – Account Director
Jeff is the key liaison between the UMass Human Resources Department(s) and all of the resources of Buyer Advertising. Will visit on a regular schedule or as needs require. Contact him at (857) 404-0865 or jmcevoy [at] buyerads.com.
Michelle Li – Account Coordinator
Michelle Li is responsible for the UMass ad program’s day-to-day ad placement. She will counsel you, suggest media placement and optimum ad size, and make minor copywriting edits. She will be familiar with all aspects of the account, as well as UMass policies and procedures for placing ads. Contact her at (857) 404-0894 or mli [at] buyerads.com
Ad Placement Process
This detailed by Buyer Advertising may not commence until the position and the ad have been authorized by all appropriate parties at your campus. See the Human Resources Hiring Staff and Faculty for instructions on the requirements that must be met before such an ad is placed. Note that this contract does not cover the placement of ads for classified employees, the policy for the advertising of which may vary by campus.
What You Will Need:
- Send us the position titles and job descriptions you would like to advertise. We will write the copy for the ad, based on the position description you provide us.
- Send us your contact information, including mailing address, email address and fax number.
- Identify your target audience, including demographics and geography. You may have a specific publication in mind for your advertising. However, if you’re not sure, tell us the location or group of people you would like to reach and we will make a recommendation.
What Happens Next? After we build your ad, we will email you a proof. The proof will show you the ad along with a cost estimate. Review the ad and the cost. Let us know if you have any changes. We will make the changes and email another proof.
Amherst Campus Requirement: Create an eProcurement requisition in the Finance System made out to Buyer Advertising to authorize the placement of the ad. Make sure that you reference the Human Resources Personnel Requisition Number for the authorized position. Use of the Procard instead of a purchase order is allowable, providing you have an HR Employee Requisition number and position ad that have been approved by all appropriate parties. Once the ad text is completed, if paying by purchase order, email your approval to Buyer Advertising and reference the purchase order number. If you are paying by Procard, you must phone in your authorization. (Never reference your credit card number in an email.) The ad will then be submitted to the approved media for placement.
Future Ads: After placing your first ad, you will only need to send us new positions, job descriptions, and the authorized payment method (at the Amherst Campus, make sure HR has approved the position and the ad first and include the HR Personnel Requisition ID). We will keep all other information on file to use in future ads.
Special Arrangements for Facebook Advertising - Must be processed through Buyer:
All Facebook Advertising must be arranged through Buyer Advertising. This arrangement is necessary as the terms Facebook requires agreement to contain language the University cannot accept. By using Buyer, Buyer agrees to the Facebook terms.
Contact Jeff McEvoy at Buyer to arrange for your Facebook ads.
Ad Campaigns on Facebook will have a fee of $50/campaign with Buyer. This fee is based on the following agreement:
- Buyer to provide UMass Amherst with a checklist of all relevant information needed to submit a campaign - see Facebook Template [doc].
- Buyer to book ad based on criteria supplied by UMass Amherst
- UMass Amherst to supply art, headline, body copy, what they are willing to spend in total and on a daily basis
- Buyer will provide UMass Amherst with a monthly invoice for the advertising costs with Facebook which can be paid by Procard